This is a new feature I joined called Goodreads' Top 5 Wednesdays, a weekly book group about our top five favorite things in the middle of the week.
Created by Lainey from GingerReadsLainey and now hosted by Samantha from ThoughtsonTomes, this week's entry describes the top 5 characters on the naughty list.
December 13th - Characters on the Naughty ListKeep in mind that these characters are not necessarily bad or evil, but more like annoying and insufferable and deserve to be on this list.
--These can be villains or just characters you don't like!
5. Valentine Morgenstern (Mortal Instruments/Shadowhunters) - Valentine counts as pure evil, but he also counts as just a stern guy who plays tricks and lies to his son(s) and daughter for his own personal gain. Clary and Jace could have gone several books without confusion, drama, and angst if it wasn't for Valentine lying to them to "keep the family together". Ridiculous!!
4. Peter Van Houten (The Fault in Our Stars) - Peter was an alcoholic, sloppy mess of an excuse of a man who pried on a young couple's affections and admirations on his book. And when he finally got them to come all the way to Amsterdam, he basically slapped them in the face. He tried coming back and explaining after Augustus' funeral, but too little, too late, jackass!!
3. Evelyn Johnson-Eaton (Insurgent/Allegiant) - Here's another annoying-ass character, Four's mother, Evelyn. I don't remember how she was in the books, but in the movies, she tried so hard to be the next Jeanine, without being Jeanine. Near the end of Allegiant, she got on my nerves even more when she had teamed up with Peter to activate the Pure's mind-wiping serum, without even knowing that the serum would do it to the whole city, and not just the Allegiant!! STUPID!! Four deserved a better mother.
2. President Snow (Hunger Games) - He was vile, rude, cocky, kinda like our "President" Donald Trump, but whiter.... if that makes sense lol.
1. Kiko's mom (Starfish) - No one was more irritating, annoying, selfish, self-centered, racist, bigoted, cold-hearted than Kiko's mother in Starfish. Even if we didn't know much about her personally, the way she spoke to her Japanese-American daughter Kiko, and her brothers, and just dismissing her heritage and her culture, making her feel worthless and ruining her social anxiety... the whole experience in the book, if you haven't read it, is worth putting Kiko's mom in the top for the Naughty list!! She's a lot more than Naughty, but it's Christmas season, so I won't harp that much. I spoke more about her in my review, so read that if you want to hear more.
Who are some characters on your naughty list? Leave comments below!
Follow me on:
Thanks for reading! :) ♥