Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Teaser Tuesday #3: CINDER by Marissa Meyer

TeaserTuesday-ADailyRhythm3

Hosted by MizB from adailyrhythm.com, Teaser Tuesday is a weekly meme where you share two (2) “teaser” sentences from your current read to try to entice others to want to seek it out.

This week's teaser:


Cinder (The Lunar Chronicles #1) by Marissa Meyer

A flash of irritation sparked through Dr. Erland's blue eyes. "Yes, and why should this upset you?" 

"Because you're Lunar!" 

"As are you. Should I consider the prince's safety threatened because he asked you to the ball?"

"That's different!"

"Don't be dense, Miss Linh. I understand the prejudices. In many ways, they're understandable, even justified, given Earth's history with Luna. But it does not mean we are all greedy, self-serving devils. Believe me --- there is not a person on this planet who would like to see Levana off the throne more than I would. I would kill her myself if I had the power." The doctor's face had gone cherry pink, his eyes blazing. 

"All right." Cinder pinched the chair's cushion until she felt the material puncture beneath her steel fingers. "I can accept that. Not all Lunars are devils, and not all Lunars are as easily brainwashed into following Levana. ...how many of them risk their lives to run away? So why did you?"

Dr. Erland moved as if he were going to stand, but after a hesitation, his shoulders sank, deflated. "She killed my daughter."


Subscribe to my blog for more! 

Follow me on:

Thanks for reading! :) ♥
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...