Thursday, January 14, 2016

Thursday Quotables #3: CINDER by Marissa Meyer

"Cinder and Iko" fan art by may12324

quotation-marks2

Hosted by: Bookshelf Fantasies
Description: Share a favorite quote, line, or passage from your reading each week!

This week in Cinder (The Lunar Chronicles #1) by Marissa Meyer:

"Cinder."

She couldn't help it. She looked at him. Her defenses withered a bit upon encountering the openness in his brown eyes. His confidence had been replaced with worry. Uncertainty. 

"200,000 single girls," he said. "Why not you?"

Cyborg. Lunar. Mechanic. She was the last thing he wanted. 

She opened her lips, and the elevator stopped. "I'm sorry. But trust me --- yu don't want to go with me."

The doors opened and the tension released her. She rushed out of the elevator, head down, trying not to look at the small group of people waiting for an elevator. 

"Come to the ball with me."

She froze. Everyone in the hallway froze. 

Kai and Cinder's relationship is so formal and scientific that I can't tell if they either like each other or just need each other to diffuse their own problems. Kai needs her to go to the ball just to get rid of Queen Levana; and Cinder kinda has a liking towards him, but it's not as in-your-face. It's like she's hiding from herself, and that scares her. So when Kai gets rejected over and over, she feels badly about it, but didn't you already say no twice now? What's her deal? I don't get it...

Have you read this part yet in the books? Let me know! I'd love to discuss it with you all.


Subscribe to my blog for more! 

Follow me on:

Thanks for reading! :) ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...