Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday #4: 2016 New Year's Resolutions #NYE2015

Hosted by brokeandbookish.com, Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created because they are particularly fond of lists. This week's theme is the top 10 resolutions I have for 2016. They're mostly personal, not so much book-related.

1. Get my driver's license.
For about three years now, I've had this irrational fear against driving my own car. When I was 18, I first achieved my permit from driver's ed class in high school. But I stupidly waited too long to get the actual permit to start practicing on the road. So I had to do the process all over again for the past three years. Me not driving has been the butt of every joke at the family table, guest table, and my friends. I hope to not only prove them wrong that I can do it, but also to myself that this is the first step to being independent.

2. Learn how to do makeup, especially the Naked 2 Palette.
When my sisters and nieces came over this Christmas holiday, they showed me how to do the fancy eye makeup palette, Naked 2 by Urban Decay. It has 5-6 different colors to adhere to your eye shape, color and type. I've been using it for awhile, and I've gotten compliments and work and my friends too. I hope to buy my own set and look up different tutorials on how to use it. If there's anyone who knows any tutorials for black girls, please send them to me.

3. Learn how to dress better/update my wardrobe.
My wardrobe has shifted a bit since I was about 10, but I'd like for it to be upgraded in 2016. I've been using the Polyvore app to get some ideas, and my sister showed me some ideas, as well. But I'd like to figure out my own style is next year.

4. Get contacts.
I've been wearing glasses since 2011, and I've grown tired of having to wear them for reading, writing, and other assignments. I think it'd be easier for me if I had contacts so people could see my eyes more, especially with the Naked 2 palette.

5. Learn how to expand and promote my blogs better.
I've been blogging on this platform for a year now, and I feel like I'm just now getting comfortable with posting on a weekly-ish basis. I've found some memes to do to promote, but I want to find more ways to incorporate more personal posts too. To feel like I'm more personable and relatable. I hope 2016 brings more good ideas to expand my blog. I also blog at Paramore RK Life.

6. Become more independent and a better friend.
This kinda ties into Resolution #1, but it's more of a personal part. I also want to be a better friend and attend to them more.

7. Read more popular books.
Since my blog started in 2014, I've mostly covered indie books, or books that are lesser known to the general public. I'm a tour host for both PR book companies, YA Bound and Xpresso Book Tours. I want to expand my blog to the more-known books to get some more traffic going.

8. Learn how to exercise more and become more fit. (Yoga, gym, dance)
I've looked up some videos on yoga and better exercise. I hope to do some more exercises to be more active and less of a couch potato.

9. Continue with school.
I've been back in school since last August, and it's been a really good experience. I'd forgotten what it was like to write a paper, prepare for a test, prepare for a final, or grab a calculator for math homework. I'm a communications major, with a concentration in journalism. I love writing, books, short stories, poetry, anything to do with the written word. So why not major in it and see what options are there to turn those interests into a living? I hope being educated in the field will help me become more aware of what I want to do for a career.

What are your new year's resolutions? Let me know in the comments below. 

Tweet: Top Ten Tuesday: 2016 New Year's Resolutions #NYE2015  http://ctt.ec/kP94b+ via @poetrybooksya
Click the Twitter birdie to share! 

Subscribe to my blog for more! 

Follow me on:

Thanks for reading! :) ♥
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...