Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday #5: Bookworm/Book Blogger Delights


I haven't done a TTT post in a minute, but this topic this week made me want to write a new one. 

Thank you to Jamie and Daisy of BrokeandBookish.com for creating the idea of listing different reasons why we do what we do. Why we get up every morning to finish a book we've been so dying to read, want to share our thoughts, feelings, rants and more. Why we love expressing and communicating with other book bloggers and Youtubers about the same books we've read. The sense of community and making new friendships with people worldwide. So without further ado, here are my top seven reasons why I love being a book blogger:

7. Never having to read alone. Since this blog started posting on books, covers, and more, I've felt less alone reading books that a few people or a lot of people have read. Especially on a tour, I get to read others' reviews and cover posts and interact with more people who have read the same book. Even if the book isn't as popular, the fact that we all get to come together to read and talk about it together is really nice. 

6. The free ARC's!! Now I know that as an up and coming book blogger, the struggle to buy new books takes a toll on me sometimes. Especially when it's a book that I'm really excited for. So that's why I turn to mobi and PDF versions and read from there. 

5. You get the first look at the covers. The cover reveals are fun because I get firsthand look at what the cover looks like before anyone else. 

4. Recognition from the author and/or publishing company. For the authors first starting out with their new books, it's nice to get recognition from them, and even their publishing companies on social media. It's awesome to support those artists because they need all the support they can get. With more popular authors and publishing houses, it's a little harder to get their attention, but it's still makes me feel special sharing and discussing their work. 

3. Meeting new friends on Instagram for booktags. I've met so many new friends with my book blog, reviews and more since starting my blog and touring. Who knows what would have happened had I not done it? I would have been stuck doing everything myself and not learning how to open up to new people, especially with booktags on Instagram. 

2. Online/offline book clubs. I've joined Goodread's Bibliophile Academy and they are some of the nicest, friendliest, most open members in all of book-club-world! We discuss all different types of books, from popular to indie, and it's such a good time getting to know more people who love to read. 

1. Book merch!! So far, the only book merch I've gotten was from Tonya Kuper's Anomaly series, and her book merch is so cute! Bookmarks, pens, pencils, buttons, stickers, pins and more make the book blogging experience all the more fun. It also brings the author-reader relationship much closer because it shows a different dynamic; readers feel special when they know that their favorite authors are thinking about them by giving them merch. 

What are some of your bookish delights as a book blogger/Booktuber/both? Leave comments below. 


Subscribe to my blog for more!

Follow me on:

Thanks for reading! :) ♥
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...