Wednesday, September 21, 2016

TOP TEN TUESDAY #18: Favorite Female-Fronted Bands!!


Hosted by Jamie, Jana and Lauren of BrokeandBookish.com, Top Ten Tuesdays is a weekly book meme that presents top ten lists on Tuesdays that promotes favorite bookish themes.

This week's theme:

September 20: All About Audio freebie --  aka top ten audiobooks you should listen to, 10 books I want to listen to on audio,10 bands you should check out, 10 podcasts you should be listening to, 10 of my all time favorite albums, 10 songs I love, really whatever you can come up with.

Since it's a variety of audio things I can come up with, and I'm such a rock-band geek, I'll use the prompt "7 female-fronted Bands You Should Check out".

8. Flyleaf

Image result for flyleaf 
Flyleaf 2004-2012 left to right: Jared (guitar), Pat (bass), Lacey (screams/vocals), Sameer (lead guitar), James (drums)

Image result for flyleaf kristen may
Flyleaf 2012-2016: Jared (guitar), Sameer (lead guitar), Kristen (vocals/keyboards), Pat (bass), James (drums)

This band has been through so much stress lol. I love their music, though. When their first lead singer Lacey Sturm came on the scene with Sameer, Pat, Jared and James in 2004, I fell in love with the way they merged their Christian faith with heavy, deep rock music. Then when Lacey left in 2012 and Kristen May stepped in as lead vocalist, I felt a little disheartened, but I gave her a chance. She was already being slandered by keyboard music experts (aka haters), so I wanted to give her a chance. And she was great! Great vocals, great look, lover of God, she made the band into a more calmer, mature look and sound. Their last album, Between the Stars, was really good. It wasn't like their previous albums, but it was a good kind of different. 

Now that Kristen is gone, I don't know what the guys will do next. Last I checked, they were working on new music, but without a vocalist, how far will they get? We'll see! 

Best songs: "I'm So Sick" ; "All Around Me" ; "Fully Alive" ; "Again" ; "Cassie" ; "Missing"

7. Against the Current

Image result for against the current
Against the Current 2011-present: Chrissy (lead vocals), Will (drums), Dan (guitar)

I don't know much about this band, to be honest. I only started listening to them a couple of years ago when they did covers on Youtube with my faves Kurt Hugo Schnieder and Sam Tsui. But I like their Infinity EP, and their debut album In Our Bones. 

Best songs: "Gravity" ; "Running with the Wild Things" ; "Paralyzed" ; "Wasteland" ; "Ain't It Fun" (Paramore cover)

6. We Are the In Crowd

Image result for we are the in crowd
We Are the In Crowd 2009-hiatus: Cameron (lead guitar/vocals);  Mike (bass); Taylor [Tay] (lead vocals/keyboards); Rob (drums);  Jordan (rhythm guitar/vocals)

I actually heard of WATIC from a Twitter friend who is no longer on Twitter lol. But I really liked the band's second album, Weird Kids, and I've been hooked on them ever since. Tay and Jordan's vocal duo on a lot of tracks make their chemistry sizzle in their music. The band are on hiatus now, but I wish they'd come back soon. 

Best songs: "Never Be What You Want" ; "The Best Thing" ; "Kiss Me Again" ; "Exits and Entrances" ; "Long Live the Kids" ; "Rumor Mill"

5. Hey Monday

Image result for hey monday
Hey Monday 2008-2011: Alex (rhythm guitar/vocals); Patrick (drums); Cassadee (lead vocals); Micheal [Jersey] (bass); Mike (lead guitar)

I loved this band growing up, especially in high school. I found their songs "Homecoming", "How You Love Me Now" on Youtube, and I liked their cool, beachy carefree vibe in their music. Since lead singer Cassadee Pope is now a country music star now, with a successful solo debut album Frame by Frame, and a cute new Summer EP, I don't think HM will be getting together anytime soon. It's sad but I think it's for the best. I'll just enjoy the throwback tracks on Pandora and Spotify. 

Best Songs: "Homecoming" ; "Candles" ; "How You Love Me Now" ; "WonderGirl"

4. Tonight Alive


Image result for tonight alive 2015
Tonight Alive 2008-present: Whakaio (lead guitar); Cam (bass); Jenna (lead vocals); Jake (rhythm guitar); Matt (drums)

I've adored this band since their cover of Mumford & Sons' "Little Lion Man" on Pop Goes Punk vol. 4. Then I checked out their second album, The Other Side, completely overplayed the mess out of it, then went on to check out their first album, What are You So Scared Of? and that's when I knew I loved them!! They, like Hey Monday, have a carefree, beachy vibe to their music, but they are more solid in their sound than HM. 

But then their third album, Limitless, was where I lost them lol. Like I'm still a fan of them, but that album was all over the place. All the techno-pop-rock songs and lyrics on oxygen and energy and the stars....what? lol It just didn't make much sense. But I like a lot of songs from that album, so I'll stick with them for awhile. 

Best songs: "Lonely Girl" ; "What Are You So Scared Of?" ; "The Ocean" ; "Bathwater" ; "Human Interaction" ; "Listening" ; "Breaking and Entering"; "Wasting Away" ; "The Edge" from The Amazing Spider-Man 2

3. Evanescence

Image result for evanescence members
Evanescence 1995-present??: John (rhythm guitar); Amy (lead vocals/piano); Terry (lead guitar); Rocky (drums); Tim (bass)

I added a question mark to this band, because they say they didn't break up, they're actually on tour, but they haven't released new music in forever. In any case, I'm glad they haven't broken up lol.

Best songs: "Call Me When You're Sober", "What You Want", "Bring Me to Life" and "My Immortal"


2. TeraBrite

Image result for terabrite 2015
TeraBrite 2009-present: Sabrina (lead vocals); DJ (drums/lead guitar/vocals/bass/everything instrumental!!) 

I got into this cool, awesome "2-piece band living in Youtube land", in 2011, right when Hey Monday broke up and Paramore were on a break from losing their lead guitarist and drummer Josh and Zac. I was pretty music-deprived, and so glad that TeraBrite's cover of Taylor Swift's "Safe and Sound" came into my Youtube feed. And I've been a member of Team TeraBrite ever since!! 

And Sabrina and DJ are together in real life, so it only makes my shipper heart even bigger!! [I usually don't ship real people, but if you make cool music with your man, then you're amazing in my eyes!!]

Best (original) songs: "When It Happens" ft. Taking the Name ; "In Honor of Her Heart" ; "No One Knows" ; "Decisions" ; "My Own Path" 

Best cover songs: Lady Gaga's "Perfect Illusion" ; 10 Female Fronted Bands Impressions ; I See Stars' "Running with Scissors" ; Justin Bieber's "What Do You Mean" ; Demi Lovato's "Cool for the Summer"

1. Paramore

Image result for paramore 2016
Paramore 2004-present: Taylor (lead guitar); Hayley (lead vocals/keyboards)

This band. What can I say about this band that won't make me sound like a crazy, obsessed lunatic who needs to be put in an asylum? Can I say how much this band's music has saved my life? Can I say how starstruck I was when I first saw their "Misery Business" video in summer 2007? Can I say that I know all of their music, and I mean ALL of their music, including their 2004 demos, four albums, Hayley's solo project works with B.o.B. and Zedd? 

Is it possible to say that I almost passed out when I saw them live for the first time on the Writing the Future tour last year in Atlantic City? Should I say that it's better now that their 5-piece band has now gone down to the two closest friends and bandmates in their careers? 

Should I say that I've had another blog dedicated to their music and travels since 2013, Paramore RK Life?

Could I say how excited I am that, out of all of the bands I love and adore, Paramore are my heart and soul, and I can't wait for their next album?

I just did!! ;)

Best songs: "Misery Business" ; "Born for This" ; "Pressure" ; "All We Know" ; "Conspiracy" ; "We are Broken" ; "Ignorance" ; "Brick by Boring Brick" ; "All I Wanted" ; "Ain't It Fun" ; "Still Into You" ; "Decode" from Twilight soundtrack ; "The Only Exception" ; "That's What You Get" ; "Let the Flames Begin" ; "Part II" ; "Careful" ; "crushcrushcrush"

So those are my top 8 favorite female-fronted bands. What are some of your favorite bands of all time? Leave comments below!


Subscribe to my blog for more! 

Follow me on:



Thanks for reading! :) ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...