Wednesday, October 26, 2016

TOP 5 WEDNESDAY (October 26): Favorite Spooky Settings


Hey guys! This is a new feature I joined from Goodreads' Top 5 Wednesdays, a weekly book group about our top five favorite things in the middle of the week.

Created by Lainey from GingerReadsLainey and now hosted by Samantha from ThoughtsonTomes, this week's entry describes my Favorite Spooky Settings. With Halloween coming up next week, I'm not much of a horror fan, but I found some books with a haunted feeling. I'm definitely taking Sam's suggestion:

October 26: Favorite Spooky Settings
--These can be settings that exist in books or ones you'd like to see in books. Also, if you are like me, you don't really have to make this about horror or scary settings. You can also use eerie, atmospheric settings. Macabre settings. Eclectic settings. I'm not a scary horror person either, but I do enjoy the latter. 


5. Harry Potter's Dark Forest

Image result for harry potter dark forest

When I'd first read about the Forbidden Forest in the books, it creeped me out. But when I'd saw it in the movies, they freaked me out even more. Especially the part in Book 1 when Harry found Voldemort drinking the blood of a unicorn!! UGH... disgusting and creepy!!

4. The Mortal Instruments' City of Bones

Image result for city of bones silent brothers

The Silent Brothers made this scene in Book 1 all the more creepy!!

3. Space

Image result for space

I'm not a big sci-fi fan, but I love me a good space story, like The Martian

2. Alien Invasion

Image result for alien invasion

I've only read a couple alien-invasion books, and I've found them to be so creepy and eerie!

1. Harry Potter's Azkaban Prison

Image result for azkaban prison

To be surrounded by darkness, death, gloomy Dememtors sucking your happiness away, and on an island dead-set in the middle of nowhere is the most scariest setting of all. 

What are some of your favorite scary settings? Leave comments below!


Follow me on:


Thanks for reading! :) ♥
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...