Tuesday, October 11, 2016

TOP TEN TUESDAY #21: Book Recommendations Thanks to Xpresso Tours and YA Bound



Hosted by Jamie, Jana and Lauren of BrokeandBookish.com, Top Ten Tuesdays is a weekly book meme that presents top ten lists on Tuesdays that promotes favorite bookish themes.

This week's theme:

October 11:  All About Books You Read Because of Recommendation -- Ten Books I've Read Because Of Another  Blogger (Or Book Person) or Ten Books I Read On Recommendation From People Outside Of This Community or you could talk about recommendations of books you read from other sources -- a magazine, a podcast, a "because you read this" algorithm.


This week, I'm listing books I've read because of Xpresso Book Tours and YA Bound Book Tours. I'm a tour host for both book PR companies, so I want to show my appreciation of them. 

5. Under My Skin by Laura Diamond

29080076

If it weren't from Xpresso Tours' email, I never would have read this book. I probably wouldn't have known and understood what fatal arrhythmia was. Read my review here!!

4. Discovering April by Sheena Hutchinson

25225860

I wouldn't have gotten the courage to interview Sheena and get to know her more if I hadn't have read her ARC from Xpresso Tours. Read my review and interview with Sheena!! 

3. Running in the Dark by Inger Iversen

14290451

I'm so grateful for Xpresso Tours for giving this book a chance for me to read. I don't get to read a lot of books with African-American female protagonists, so this one was really surprising to see on Xpresso Tours' shelf. 

2. Wendy Darling: Stars by Colleen Oakes

25175898

I wouldn't have had the chance to read a fairytale retelling of one of my favorite Disney movies, Peter Pan!! 

1. Anomaly by Tonya Kuper

20559783

If not for my review of Anomaly and my frantic flailing updates on Goodreads, Tonya and I would have never "met" online. She's become one of my best author friends, and I love her so much! I can't wait for Enigma to come out; I hope she does another book tour for it next July! Read my review for Anomaly here!

What books have you read by recommendation? Let me know in the comments below!

Subscribe to my blog for more! 

Follow me on:


Thanks for reading! :) ♥
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...