Tuesday, November 22, 2016

TOP TEN TUESDAY #27: Thanksgiving Freebie: Authors and Books I'm Thankful For


Hosted by Jamie, Jana and Lauren of BrokeandBookish.com, Top Ten Tuesdays is a weekly book meme that presents top ten lists on Tuesdays that promotes favorite bookish themes.

This week's theme:

November 22: Thanksgiving freebie -- tell us what you are thankful for! Books you are thankful for! 

Since I kinda did this prompt earlier today for #LilBookishNovember, I'll reiterate my choices here too:

Image result for inger iversen

4. Inger Iversen: 'Running in the Dark'
I've only read the first book of Inger's In the Dark series, but it definitely grabbed my attention. I had thought the book would be about werewolves, but it was about a Russian dhampir (half vampire/half human) and a human black girl on the run from a corrupt government. And they had met and fell in love in a day!! A day!! How does that happen, without making it cheesy? Inger's words and characters made it possible to enjoy vampires in a different way.

Image result for stephenie meyer

3. Stephenie Meyer: 'Twilight'

If you've been following my blog for years, you'll know how huge of a fan I am of Twilight and Stephenie Meyer. She's the one who introduced me to the YA-lit world and non-scary vampires. I'll forever be grateful for her and her magical Edward, Bella and the amazing Cullen family.

Image result for tonya kuper

2. Tonya Kuper: 'Anomaly'

I know I talk about this amazing girl so many times, in almost all of my TTT posts and T5W (top 5 wednesday) posts, but there's a reason why. There's a reason why out of all of the other authors out there, why Tonya has stuck around the most for me. Not only is she a fantastic writer, but she's so sweet and kind and precious!! And she's a diehard nerd!! I'm not a sci-fi fan, but her energy about Star Wars and all things nerdy makes me smile all the time. 

Image result for jk rowling

1. J.K. Rowling: 'Harry Potter'

And last but not least, I'll be forever grateful for Joanne Kathleen Rowling and her magical, twisted, charming Potter family. Harry, Hermione, Ron, Fred, George, Luna, Neville, McGonagall, Dumbledore, so many beloved characters from not only my childhood, but also my young adult life. I run home to see Harry Potter Weekend on Freeform. I don't have the books, but I have read them enough to enjoy them for what they bring to the literary table.

Who are some authors and books you're thankful for? Leave comments below!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...