Wednesday, January 25, 2017

TOP TEN TUESDAY: FREEBIE: Favorite Book Quotes


Hosted by Jamie, Jana and Lauren of BrokeandBookish.com, Top Ten Tuesdays is a weekly book meme that presents top ten lists on Tuesdays that promotes favorite bookish themes.

This week's theme:

January 24:  FREEBIE --- that super specific list you want to make?? All yours to tackle this week!

This week, I'll be sharing my favorite book quotes!

5. Discovering April 
by Sheena Hutchinson

25225860

There's so many favorite quotes, but here are a few.

“Apes, it’s always been you. I’ve been in love with you since the moment I first saw you. I just didn’t know what it meant. I’ve played beside you, I’ve watched you go to prom, I watched you walk through the halls at school, I’ve seen you crying over boys that didn’t deserve you, I’ve seen you kiss guys that could never love you. I didn’t want to say anything. I didn’t want to kiss you before because . . . I don’t want to be your rebound. I don’t want to be just another guy—because I am the guy for you.” - Jared

“April, I know you are perfectly capable of opening a door or pulling out your own chair. Chivalrous acts like this, done as a sign of respect to you. “Men, real men, that is, do these things for women, not because we have to, but because we feel they deserve to be honored in some small, tiny way every single day,” - Jared

"I watch as he slowly pulls his shirt up and over his head. I’m not staring at his abs anymore because along the side of his ribs I see a clear wrap like mine. He got a tattoo, too. Jared peels it off, and beneath the clear plastic, an infinity symbol takes shape. It’s darker than mine is, a little bigger and wrapped around and through it—is a blood red rose with thorns. “You see April—you’ve shaped my life as well.” “And why did you choose the rose?” I ask breathlessly as my eyes stare, unbelieving. “It’s you.” He pauses, taking a step closer to me, and I lift my eyes up to his. “Because once you get past the thorns, you’re absolutely beautiful.” - Jared and April

You can tell I'm in love with Jared, right? ;)

4. How to Be Cool
by Annie Carr

29423234

But no matter what," Laura says. "I will always remember my first love, how sweet and cute he was, and how much I loved him. And I'll never regret it."

I wrap my arms around her tighter. I don't want to let her go. I can't, actually, because if I do, I'll fall on my face. But that's not the only reason why. I love her. I'll never stop loving her. But she's right --- we're both destined to move on. But that doesn't mean I want this moment to be over. I lean in and whisper in her ear: "One more dance?"

Laura smiles at me and nods. "Yes," she says. "One more dance."

The ending of this book always makes me feel such bittersweet feelings... :(

3. Running in the Dark
by Inger Iversen

14290451

"Why are you so damned nosey?" - Bessina
"I've never been called nosey. Annoyingly charming and inquisitive, but never nosey." - Trace

Oh, Trace!! XD

2. Under My Skin
by Laura Diamond

29080076

"It's okay. I know I've gone mad and I've scared you. You don't deserve this." 

"As long as you don't run away from me again."

"I couldn't if I wanted to." He laces his fingers with mine. "Darby, I want you to know something." His brow furrows as his gaze searches mine.

"What?"

He swallows. "I don't trust Shaw. I never have. But I do trust you."

1. Ignite the Shadows
by Ingrid Seymour

24595250

"Xave humors me and begins his story. “That jackass kept me out of the loop.” I’m guessing he means Aydan, but I don’t know why he keeps calling him a jackass. I mean, I know he’s a jackass, but I don’t know how Xave reached the same conclusion so soon. I resolve not to interrupt, hoping any questions I have are answered along the way."

So those are my favorite quotes from books so far. Notice how I tried to go for diverse authors in honor of DiverseAThon 2017 this year. It promotes reading books of diverse background, whether in race, gender, disability, sexual orientation, ethnicity and culture. More info on that here!

I'd love to know your fave quotes in the comments below. 


Follow me on:


Thanks for reading! :) ♥
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...