Hosted by Jamie, Jana and Lauren of BrokeandBookish.com, Top Ten Tuesdays is a weekly book meme that presents top ten lists on Tuesdays that promotes favorite bookish themes.
This week's theme:
Top Ten Authors I'm Dying To Meet / Ten Authors I Can't Believe I've Met (some other "meeting authors" type spin you want to do)
I haven't met any of my faves in person, but I do talk to a lot of them on Twitter, so here are some I'd love to meet.
10. Tonya Kuper - I talk to this fab Anomaly author almost constantly on social media, and it's a shock that we haven't officially met yet! Then again, she's all the way from Omaha, Utah, and I'm from New Jersey. I keep hoping for a book tour or book event near the both of us so we can meet in the middle somewhere!
9. Sheena Hutchinson - Sheena and I talk a lot on Twitter too, but unlike Tonya and I, Sheena had actually done an interview with me once. We talked about her latest book at the time, Uncovering Officer Smith, her first book Discovering April, among other things. She's super sweet, and I'm hoping for the day we can meet in the city someday.
8. Tahereh Mafi - I've actually never read her Shatter Me series, but I know so many of my fave Booktubers who love it. Also, her snaps on Snapchat are adorable!! And she's having a baby!! So so happy for her and her husband, fellow author Ransom Riggs. But yeah, I'd like to meet them both.
7. Ingrid Seymour - Another indie author I chat with constantly on social media! I loved her first book, Ignite the Shadows, and I'm a part of her ARC Street Team, so I get first dibs on all of the future books she puts out! I'd love to meet her one day.
6. Inger Iversen - I haven't read all of her books, but Inger is another author I talk about a lot, both on and offline. I feel bad because I've been missing her most recent sign-ups for her books and stuff, but I still liked her 2014 book, "Running in the Dark".
5. Ryan Ringbloom - This girl is such a hoot on Instagram!! She's so funny and sweet and smart. I loved her 2014 book, "Books, Blogs and Reality" so much, that she sent me two copies of her last books, "Fake Boobs" and "Hooker Heels". And she's from New Jersey too, so I'm like, 'why haven't we met yet?!' Gotta make that happen!!
4. Cassandra Clare - Yesterday was the 10th anniversary of "City of Bones" publication, the first book of the "Mortal Instruments" series, and it brought back so many feels for me!! I first read the first three books when I was 16 in 2009, when my best friend Kim got them for me as a gift. And I fell in love with the Shadowhunter world, and the characters --- especially Clary, Simon, Jace, Isabelle and Magnus. If I ever had the chance to meet Cassie, I'd just tell her how grateful I am to have fell into this new world and to keep writing it.
3. Luvvie Ajayi - Luvvie is a new author --- go get her book, "I'm Judging You: The Do-Better Manual", I'm still DYINGGG to read it --- but I've been following her wacky, crazy, hilarious words on her website, AwesomelyLuvvie.com. If I met her, I'd just die and hug her and cry, and talk all day about how much we need Blaxit. I am all for a Blaxit, getting on an island or a planet and taking all the Black things with us!!
2. Stephenie Meyer - For obvious reasons, I'd love to meet the one woman who has made me not so afraid of vampires, and for introducing me into the YA-fantasy-romance book world. Edward and Bella from Twilight have shown me what it means to fight for love, fight for hope, fight for what you want your life to be like, with someone who truly loves you. I don't care about how much Twilight gets pissed on, I still to this day defend it and defend Stephenie. I'd definitely ask her about Midnight Sun, though. When is that being published?!?!
1. JK Rowling - I would love to meet her but I wouldn't know what to say. How much I love her writing? How many times I've seen the movies more than I've read the books? How much Hermoine Granger means to me as a smart girl? How much I want to go back to Harry Potter World even though I haven't been there in years? There's so much I'd like to say to her, how grateful I was for her in my childhood.
**Honorary Member: Lilly Singh aka IISuperwomanII** - I was supposed to meet Lilly today in New Jersey for her book tour for her debut novel, "How to Be a Bawse", but I didn't end up going. I'm still very sad about it, but I assure you that there will come a day that we will meet!! I love her hilarious YouTube videos, and can't wait to read her book.
Which authors would you like to meet? Let's discuss in the comments below!
Follow me on:
Thanks for reading! :) ♥