Wednesday, May 3, 2017

TOP TEN TUESDAY #33: Theme Freebie - Powerhouse Covers!!


Hosted by Jamie, Jana and Lauren of BrokeandBookish.com, Top Ten Tuesdays is a weekly book meme that presents top ten lists on Tuesdays that promotes favorite bookish themes.

This week's theme:

Cover Theme Freebie: literally anyyyything about covers....top ten covers that scream Spring, ten books with ice cream on the cover, ten books with blue covers, etc. etc. THIS ONE COULD BE REALLY FUN and I can't wait to see how creative your lists are!



This week, I'm listing the top ten powerhouse covers, the covers that stand out first in my mind and make me want to pick them up.


8. How to Be a Bawse: A Guide to Surviving Conquering Life!! by Lilly Singh - This cover for Lilly's first book just screams confidence, ferocity, strength, simplicity, and the hustle of a woman!!



7. Santa Muerte by Lucina Stone - As much as I didn't like this book very much, I'll admit that the cover caught my attention when I'd first saw it on Rich in Variety Book Tours. It's a cross between life and death, old and new, mystery and normalcy. Plus, it's just so spooky!!


6. Wendy Darling: Stars by Colleen Oakes has a beautiful, magical, whimsical cover!! Full of wind, lust, and magic. Even without the mention of Peter Pan, you'd know what this book was about, based on the cover.


5. Anomaly by Tonya Kuper - This cover is bold, sizzling, fire, badass, scientific and electric!! I didn't even know what the Schrödinger's Consortium was, but I was so here for the cover that it made me want to read it.


4. Extinguish by J.M. Darhower - Another sizzling cover, but this one shows the struggle of good vs. evil, light vs. dark, angels vs. demons, and Heaven vs. Hell. It can also be seen as an internal struggle between what is right or wrong.


3. Running in the Dark by Inger Iversen - The first cover of RITD is so beautiful, full of smoky hues of purple and blue. The best part is the gorgeous black girl on the cover!! I feel like a part of me is being represented on this cover.


2. Hush,Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick - The cover for the first Hush, Hush book is so daring, haunting, touching, and longs for escape. I like how almost all of the angel's feathers fall apart as he falls from Heaven. It really captures Patch (the male lead character) and his despair.


1. Twilight by Stephenie Meyer - Regardless of how much hate this series gets, you gotta admit that the covers are beautiful, especially the first one. The apple in hand is supposed to represent the Forbidden fruit. It's Edward Cullen's cold, pale hands holding and protecting the precious, red apple, Bella. It's corny, but it's cute at the same time lol!

Those are my top powerhouse covers. What are some of your choices? Let's discuss in the comments below.

Follow me on:



Thanks for reading! :) ♥
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...